By Caroline @ Swing Salon | June 20, 2012 at 04:30 PM EDT | No Comments
We tend to be out and about and exposed to the elements more in the summer - we protect our skin, why not our hair?
Here are a few suggestions to keep your hair healthy this summer...
- Minimize exposure to the sun with a hat or kerchief
- Use hydrating shampoos and conditioners more frequently to counter any drying effects
- Ponytails are tempting in the heat, but they cause breakage
- If you are swimming in a pool be sure to use a detoxifying shampoo
- Avoid hot hair tools such as blow dryers and curling irons - try an air dry
- Consider leave-in products carefully - remember if you are in the sun you are baking these into your hair and scalp so choose products with the very best ingredients
- As always, if you have color, use shampoos that rejuvenate and extend the life of your color